Online Auction, Track Laps, Richard Petty Ride-Alongs Part of Big Speedway Children's Charities Weekend
The Bristol Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities offers fans a plethora of ways to support the organization throughout Food City 500 race weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway March 15-17, starting with the always popular Ultimate Experience Online Auction.
Beginning Feb. 25 and running through March 11, fans can bid on special experiences such as:
- Bristol Motor Speedway All-Access Package. The winning bidder and a guest receive: pre-race passes for the Jeff Foxworthy's Grit Chips 300 and Food City 500, cold pit passes for the Food City 500, passes for "The Roof at Turn 4" lounge located on the roof of the media center inside the track and employee parking for March 16-17.
- Victory Lane Package. The fan who wins this experience gets to see the Food City 500 race winner up close and personal in Victory Lane after watching the last 50 laps from that same area. This package also includes two tickets to the winner's toast on the front stretch after the race.
- Speed Channel Trackside Live Auction Package. This is a great get-together in the SPEED green room for six people which includes a meet and greet with Trackside live hosts and guests. Winners receive SPEED goody bags and the opportunity to be front and center during the show, along with a behind-the-scenes tour of the SPEED compound, pictures on the Trackside set, six pre-race passes to view activities and driver introductions prior to the start of the Food City 500. This package also includes two tickets to the Pit Road Party Zone located in the BMS infield.
- Ride of a Lifetime. Fans have the chance to bid to be part of Bristol's famous driver introductions with their favorite drivers. Divers on the auction block include Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart plus many more. Winning bidders ride around the World's Fastest Half-Mile with their driver during driver introductions for the Food City 500.
- Race Day - Behind the Scenes Package. The winner of this package, along with a guest, gets to wave the green flag one round of qualifying for the Food City 500, take in a media event that morning and tour the infield media center at BMS. And that's not all - they also will tour the pits AND attend the driver's meeting for the Food City 500.
- Guest Spotter for the Food City 500. Help PRN network radio broadcaster Rob Albright "spot" from the panoramic BMS rooftop, more than 10 stories above turn 3 for the first 100 laps of the Food City 500. The winner also receives two tickets to the Skybox Lounge Suite and a tour of the PRN command center.
- Charlie Daniels Meet and Greet. Who wouldn't want to meet the legendary Charlie Daniels? The winning bidder will enjoy a meet and greet with the Charlie Daniels Band prior to their pre-race performance at the Food City 500 along with two pre-race passes for the concert.
Other Speedway Children's Charities events on race weekend are:
Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride-Alongs - Taking place Friday, March 16 from 8 p.m.-11 p.m., the RPDE Ride-Alongs give fans the opportunity to experience the World's Fastest Mile at impressive speeds. Cost is $159 per person. In the event of inclement weather, participants will be given a credit that may be used at any Richard Petty Driving Experience event for up to one year. Anyone interested in taking part in the Ride-Alongs, should pre-register at 1-800-BE-PETTY or at www.drivepetty.com. Participants must be 14 years of age or stand at least four feet tall and weigh 80 pounds. There are a limited number of rides available so anyone interested in participating should register promptly.
Cornhole Classic - A fan-favorite, this event takes place at BMS March 15-17. Cost is $40 per team and each player receives a commemorative t-shirt. Prizes will be awarded for top qualifying teams and the Grand Championship winners will win $500, suite seats to the Irwin Tools Night Race and Food City 250 Aug. 23-24, along with a camping spot. The runner-up wins $300 and suite seats to the Food City 250 and a camping space. Fans can enter at www.bristol.speedwaycharities.org.Tournaments will take place March 15 at 2 p.m. and March 16 at 10 a.m. Championship round will take place Sunday, March 17 at 10 a.m.
Superpass/Track Tours - On Sunday, March 17 from 9 a.m.-10:45 a.m. fans can get up close and person with the iconic BMS track with the Superpass as they tour the half-mile track while also watching pit crews prep for the Food City 500. The superpass also includes a pre race pass and driver introductions. For more information call 423-989-6900 or visit www.bristolmotorspeedway.com.
Track Laps - For fans who dream about piloting a car around the famed BMS oval, this is a must-have experience that takes place Thursday, March 14 from 8:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Cost for five laps is $35. For more information, please visit www.bristol.speedwaycharities.com.
The Bristol Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities has raised in excess of $7 million over the last 16 years for children's organizations in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
March race weekend ticket packages, which include the Food City 500 and Jeff Foxworthy's Grit Chips 300/K&N East Series 125 event, remain available, starting at $99. A package in the Wallace Tower for both Sprint Cup races also is available for $99, while packages for fans 15 and younger are available for the March races at half price. Lower-row seating for the Food City 500 is available with tickets starting at $65 for adults and $32 for children 15 and under.
Guests are encouraged to purchase in advance while the price is $5 less per grandstand ticket than the race-day cost for the same seat. Purchasing tickets to the Food City 500 enters the guest in the Bruton's Big Bristol Giveaway in which 10 lucky fans win a new Ford Mustang.
The K&N Pro Series East 125 takes place March 17 following Jeff Foxworthy's Grip Chips 300 Nationwide Series race. Tickets for the doubleheader are available, starting at $35 for adults and $17 for kids 15 and under.
BMS season tickets, which include the Food City 500 and IRWIN Tools Night Race Sprint Cup races, as well as Jeff Foxworthy's Grit Chips 300, the Food City 250 and the K&N race, also are on sale. Pricing for all four races begins at just $175 in the Wallace Tower.
For more information or to purchase tickets, fans may call toll free at 1-866-415-4158 or visit www.bristoltix.com.